Dangerous Side Effects Reported From Popular Fitness Trackers


HEALTH, SOME CLAIM THEY LED TO A FITNESS FAIL. CHRIS NELSON IS AN ACTIVE DAD. GET ALL THE WAY BACK TO OUR HOUSE. WHO LIKED COUNTING HIS STEPS AND TRACKED HIS HEART RATE WITH HIS FITNESS TRACKER. AFTER SEVERAL WEEKS, WHILE PUTTING EMILY TO BED. I WAS PICKING HER UP LIKE THIS. THE FIT BIT CHARGE 2 SHOCKED HIM. CAUSING HIM TO DROP HIS DAUGHTER. IT WAS CLEARLY AN ELECTRIC SHOCK. EMILY WAS NOT HURT, BUT IT LEFT A PAINFUL LUMP ON HIS WRIST AND HIS HAND TEMPORARILY NUMB. BEST I COULD FIGURE, I WAS SHOCKED BY THE CONNECTOR THAT WAS ON MY WRIST. IT SHOT UP MY ARM. IT WAS INTENSE. MOM, LAUREN REECE, SWEARS TWO DIFFERENT FIT BIT MODELS SHOCKED HER. AS SOON AS I LOOKED DOWN AT MY ARM, I NOTICED IMMEDIATELY THAT IT HURT, IT STILL HURT. SHE SAYS ONE JOLT LEFT THIS LASTING MARK. YOU CAN SEE MY BURN. IT MATCHES UP PERFECTLY. IF YOU SEARCH FEDERAL COMPLAINTS, YOU’LL FIND OTHER REPORTS, LIKE IT SENT A SHOOTING, PAINFUL ELECTRIC SHOCK DOWN TO MY FINGERS AND UP TO MY ELBOW. IN THE ANOTHER, THE SINK BURNING SENSATION LASTED A COUPLE DAYS. THIS IS A DANGER THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. FIT BIT SAYS IT TAKES ALL REPORTS OF POTENTIAL ISSUES SERIOUSLY. AND ITS PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED TO PREVERDICT ELECTRICAL CONTACT WITH THE USER. IN EACH REPORTED CASE, FIT BIT SAYS THE DEVICES AND BATTERIES WERE FOUND TO BE FUNCTIONAL, WITH NO SIGNS OF OVERHEATING, VOLTAGE IRREGULARITIES, OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY KIND. THEY DID SUGGEST IT IS MORE LIKELY THAT THE SHOCK WAS CAUSED BY STATIC ELECTRICITY BUILT UP ON THE PERSON. I JUST DON’T THINK IT’S STATIC. KELLY ROBINSON IS A PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER WHO SAYS STATIC CAN BUILD UP ON A BODY. BUT ADDS, STATIC IS OFTEN A SCAPEGOAT WHEN COMPANIES CAN’T FIGURE OUT WHAT IS REALLY WRONG. NOW LAUREN HAS A PACEMAKER AND DUE TO ADDED CONCERNS, NOW WEARS HER FIT BIT ON HER ANKLE, FURTHER FROM HER HEART.

4 Comments

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *